INSTEAD OF SHAME
THE FREEDOM CLASS
Chapter 3: Understanding Spiritual Bondage
1. Chains on the heart are made up entirely of _________. That does not mean, however, that a heart bondage is not real. It is very real, and it has very real ________________________.
2. Write out 2 Corinthians 10:4–5:
3. Shame is about your ____________, not your _________________.
4. Describe HOPELESSNESS.
Have you experienced hopelessness in your life? YES/NO
If so, explain.
5. “The desperate measures of hopelessness usually equate with poor decisions made with the detrimental influence of a heart bondage.”
What poor decisions have you made because of emotional injury?
6. The primary purpose of a heart bondage is to attack:
a. your finances
b. your relationships
c. your health
d. your identity
7. “Within the mind of a bound person is an ongoing conflict, a constant dispute about their identity.”
Have you experienced that inner conflict which is a CONSTANT ARGUMENT about your identity? If so, how?
8. Why does the devil want to keep you from knowing who you are?
9. REJECTION is one person’s refusal to accept the personal authority of another. TRUE/FALSE
10. What is PERSONAL AUTHORITY?
List five things associated with your own personal authority: (Ex: something about your personality, your talents, your position in your family, etc.) Note: These are things God says about you or assigned to you.
11. Debbie says that when parents abuse or neglect a child, they are transferring their own fears and insecurities onto the child.
Have you seen this in your own life? If so, how?
12. Describe ISOLATION.
Have you experienced isolation? Explain.
Only ONE PERSON has the right to dictate identity. Who?